Try saying "The Real Real Reveal" 3 times fast. ROR...raff out roud!
My friend introduced me to The Real Real a little over 2 months ago when I mentioned being a fan of pre-loved luxury goods. If you can imagine a site like Malleries in a flash sale format like Rue La La...that's pretty much what The Real Real is. They have daily sales of only pre-owned/new luxury clothing and accessories. They gather many items from estate sales and celebrities.
The popular items go pretty quickly, so I was surprised to see this Burberry Hobo about 4 hours into the sale. I closely read the description and reviewed the pictures they provided. The flaws I could live with. The price was a steal. So I decided to make my 1st purchase from The Real Real.
- Great prices. I haven't done any direct comparisons, but they seem lower than Malleries, Bella Bag, Portero, etc.
- Most of the items I've seen have been in Excellent to Near New condition.
- Constant rotations of luxury brands.
- Shipment arrived overnight. Seems the origin is in SF, which is huge plus!
- Descriptions and photos are accurate.
- New coupon codes every month for $25 off.
- My bag was not thoroughly cleaned. I went through about 4 facial wipes to "refresh" the bag.
- Many unsold items are repeatedly listed. Which is OK, but I'd rather see new merchandise.
Bottom line, The Real Real is a nice change from the usual pre-owned shopping sites. The prices are great, delivery is prompt, descriptions are accurate, and they have coupon codes! I'm a fan and give The Real Real a thumbs up!